Top 10 Reasons to Install Solar Panels in Wollongong
- Solar panels can help you save money on your energy bill.
- Solar panels can help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Residential solar panels can increase the value of your home.
- Solar panels can provide backup power in case of an outage.
- Solar panels can help you be more independent from the grid.
- Solar panels are low maintenance and have a long lifespan.
- Solar panels are a great way to show your commitment to renewable energy.
- Solar panels can be used to power your entire home or just supplement your existing power source.
- Solar panel technology is constantly improving, making them more efficient and affordable each year.
- There are many solar rebates and incentive programs available that can make going solar more affordable than ever before! Check out the Energy NSW website for details.
Wollongong Solar Power – Frequently Asked Questions
Is Wollongong a good place to install solar panels?
Wollongong has access to plenty of sunlight, making it an ideal location for solar panels. NREL estimates that Wollongong receives 4.6 hours of ‘solar radiation’ per day on average through-out the year. Imagine how much solar power can be generated!
In addition, the city’s residents are generally eco-conscious and supportive of green initiatives. Fun fact – Wollongong has over 2000 small-scale solar systems installed that are contributing on average 52,731 kWh of energy production per year!
As a result, there are plenty of solar panel installation companies in Wollongong that can help you get started.
If you’re considering making the switch to solar panels, Wollongong is definitely the place to do so. Get a quote for solar installation in Wollongong now!
What size solar system is right for my home in Wollongong?
First, take a look at your electricity usage. This will give you a good starting point for determining how much power you need to generate.
Next, consider the amount of sun exposure your home gets. Solar panels on a north facing roof in Wollongong will typically receive an average amount of solar energy equal to about 4.8 hours of full noon sunshine a day.
Finally, make sure to take into account the size of your roof. A larger roof will be able to accommodate more solar panels, allowing you to generate more power.
By following these simple tips, you can find the perfect solar system for your home.